ELECTRICAL CHARGE HAND
This medium-size company, situated in the beautiful KwaZulu-Natal Midlands approximately 50km form Pietermaritzburg, operates in a diverse agricultural environment. The rural location of the Company provides conditions in the country side with excellent schooling opportunities in the area. UCL offers attractive remuneration packages that include normal “corporate” benefits.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- N3 with Maths & Science/ Grade 12
- Trade Tested Certification – Electrical
- Licenses: Driving license EB or C1 code
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Foreman during his absence.
- Planning the jobs to be done by receiving information from the various sections under his control.
- Ensure that breakdowns are attended to without any delays.
- Assists electricians on complicated repairs and/or breakdowns when necessary.
- Carries out specialized, installations, testing and repairs e.g. HV installations.
- Ensures that good housekeeping conditions are maintained at all times and that all work done complies with Safety regulations
- Orders spares in as and when necessary.
- Do standby duties, callouts and overtime when necessary.
- Responsible for supervision and discipline of labour assigned to him.
- Carries out maintenance / project work allocated to him by the foreman.
- Assist the foreman:
(i)To control costs and helps him to develop the budget.
(ii)To do risk assessment for work to be done in own department.
(iii)To investigate all equipment failures and callouts and proposes permanent solutions.
(iv)To ensure a high standard of workmanship through inspections, coaching and use of correct manpower, tools and material.
(v)To allocate work among the artisans and maintenance workers according to priorities and resource availability.
(vi)Prepares weekend workload or stop day work.
(vii)Allocates and plan project resources.
(viii)Implement & Maintain the Planned Maintenance Programme.
(ix)Do Safety Training to all staff on the, hazards of the job, safe usage of equipment and lockout procedures.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy environment, safe operations and practices
- Enforcing good housekeeping practices amongst the team
- Comply with SHE and technical requirements, in line with Factory availability targets.
- Giving support and respond to defects and / or sub-standard equipment performance and other improvement opportunities.
Key competencies / skills
- Good problem solving skills and analytical troubleshooting.
- Time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Planning, organising and co-ordination skills
at fax number: 033 5011187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Human Resources Department,
Attention: Desiree Moodley,
UCL Company Limited,
P. O. Box 1,