The vacancy exists at our Sawmill in Glenside. The purpose of the position is to supervise the maintenance and repair of all equipment in the Sawmill, including the water works and a small part of housing, and to ensure safety procedures are adhered to at all times. The incumbent should ensure continuous plant availability through effective maintenance of equipment to safely achieve high production performance levels within the required quality standards and time frames
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- At least an N3 or equivalent qualification and a Section 13 or 28 Trade Test as Fitter, Fitter and Turner or Millwright.
- Should have a code 8 or B driving licence.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a qualified Fitter/Turner/Millwright in a heavy industrial environment is required. It is also necessary that the person has in depth knowledge of management principles and is computer literate. The person in this position should ideally have had at least 3 years supervisory experience
Key Performance Indicators are as follows:
- Exercise extreme accountability for the general functioning of the department and ensuring an efficient, professional quality service is maintained to all customers (internal and external)
- Ensure that all services to the mill are running at optimal efficiency to ensure maximum production levels
- Oversee the workshops and all asset management for the mill.
- Ensure that breakdowns are attended to without any delays.
- Allocate work among all staff proportionally according to priorities, resource availability, risk profile etc.
- Setup and manage a planned maintenance system
- Ensure high standard of workmanship through inspections, coaching and use of correct manpower, tools and material.
- Responsible for planning the yearly plant shut and ensuring that all work is carried out according to plan.
- Ensuring that all work and information is captured in an asset management system.
- Implement and oversee non-destructive testing (NDT) of equipment as a form of predictive maintenance.
- Champion the asset management of the Sawmill.
- Ensure that safety awareness is kept at high level and report all incidents.
Key competencies / skills:
Good problem solving skills and analytical troubleshooting, time management skills, ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills, planning, organising and co-ordination skills are all required of the individual to accomplish the goal of this position.
at fax number: 033 5011187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Human Resources Department,
Attention: Desiree Moodley,
UCL Company (Pty) Ltd,
P. O. Box 1,