A suitably qualified experienced and motivated candidate is sought on our forestry estate. The successful incumbent will take responsibility for “on-site” farming operations by co-ordinating and executing the various day to day activities.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a tertiary qualification in agriculture or forestry. Fluency in isiZulu, basic mechanical know-how and strong planning and organising abilities is required. A minimum of five to ten years’ experience in all aspects of forestry/sugar cane production, of which five years on a management level, is required.
Key performance areas include:
- From sound knowledge base, management of all day to day aspects of cane faming ensuring compliance to best farming practice.
- Manage all day to day aspects of forestry operations in line with FSC standards.
- Plan harvesting operations in line with allocation requirements from manufacturing division.
- Ensure compliance to sound people practices in line with company policy and for building a motivated, skilled workforce.
- Plan, implement, co-ordinate and record daily farming activities in accordance to annual operation objectives as set by Agricultural Manager.
The successful candidate will be required to perform standby- and fire duties on the farm.
at fax number: 033 5011187 or email email@example.com or by post:
Human Resources Department
Attention: Desiree Moodley
UCL Company (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 1