SHE OFFICER: FARMS AND SAWMILLS
The successful candidate will be responsible to implement a SHE Management System at UCL’s sawmill- and farming operations, by using modern occupational risk management principles. The incumbent will equip employees with knowledge and skills to reduce workplace incidents, create a healthy and safe workplace and identify and manage environmental impacts in an integrated manner.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
Prospective Candidates should be in possession of a National Diploma in Safety Management (NASAM) and should be registered with a professional body. A qualification in SAMTRAC, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001: 2008 and ISO 9001: 2008 will be advantageous. At least five years’ safety experience in a production/forestry environment is required.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Protect the Company from undue exposure resulting from the contravention of relevant SHE legislation.
- Implement and maintain an effective health and safety program and ensure compliance to satisfy the requirements of local legislation e.g. OHSAS18001, COID and ISO14000.
- Facilitate accident investigations by keeping section foremen and other managers accountable for completing the investigations timeously and thoroughly. Determine root causes for each accident and identifying corrective and preventative actions.
- Coordinate the monthly safety meeting.
- Legal Compliance and internal Audits
- Report on incidents, trends, risks.
- Development of Legal Registers (Health, Safety and Environmental)
- Advise management of required action as relevant.
- Ensure an effective and regular emergency preparedness drills.
- Support structures for SHE reps and committees
- Supervise COID Act execution and compliance
at fax number: 033 5011187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Human Resources Department
Attention: Desiree Moodley
UCL Company Ltd
PO Box 1